Pinterested?

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Helen Manson’s Party Punch

My dear friend Helen Manson is a gifted cook who lives on Vancouver Island. Her “slushy drink” recipe is suitable for serving smaller groups; I like to serve it in a Margarita glass topped with a straw and a mint sprig. The great thing about this punch recipe is that you can keep it premixed in the freezer. What I like best about this recipe is that I think fondly of Helen when I make it!


Helen Manson’s Party Punch:
48 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice
1 - 12-oz. (355 mL) can frozen lemonade concentrate (undiluted)
1 - 12-oz. (355 mL) can frozen limeade concentrate (undiluted)
2 - 12 oz. (355 mL each) cans 7-Up (non-diet)
20 oz. (600 mL) white rum
Combine all ingredients well. Freeze in a covered ice cream bucket. Mixture will be slushy. Scoop into serving glasses, returning bucket to freezer. Makes 26 punch-cup size servings.
Note: I don’t omit the alcohol from this yummy by-the-glass summer concoction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!