Pinterested?

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rutabaga Puff

This is the last of today’s Thanksgiving Day recipes for rutabagas. I love this dish!

Rutabaga Puff:
To Prepare the Rutabaga Mash: 
1 large rutabaga, peeled and diced to equal 4-to-6 c. (1-to-1.5 L)
3 tbsp. (45 mL) butter or margarine
1 tbsp. (15 mL) light or dark brown sugar
3 tbsp. (45 mL) flour
1 tsp. (5 mL) baking powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
Dash of nutmeg
2 eggs, well beaten
Preheat oven to 375 deg. F. In lightly salted water, bring diced rutabagas to the boil. Immediately reduce heat, simmering 15 min. or until tender. Drain and mash hot rutabagas with butter. In small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, baking powder, and seasonings. Stir in to mashed rutabagas; cool slightly. Stir a little of the warm rutabaga into well-beaten eggs; fold eggs into remaining warm rutabaga. Transfer mixture to greased 2-quart (1.9 mL) casserole and set aside. 
To Prepare the Topping:
½ c. (125 mL) crumbs from crushed cheese crackers (such as the “Ritz” brand)
Sprinkle crumbs evenly over rutabagas. Bake 25 min. Serves 6.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your blog and find nearly all
    of your post's to be just what I'm looking for. Would you offer guest writers to write content
    for you personally? I wouldn't mind creating a post or elaborating on a number of the subjects you write concerning here. Again, awesome weblog!

    my blog post top

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For technical reasons, I don't have the ability to do that at the moment. However, this good idea is one I've thought about in the past. I've written Google with a technical suggestion that would help implement such a system. I'll have to wait and see what happens, but if Google makes the technical tweak I've suggested, it's certainly do-able. xox Nicole

      Delete

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!