Pinterested?

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Shrimp-Stuffed Endives

Pause, Dollinks, to say hello to our Anonymous Taste-Testing Panel, in town to sample and rate my latest. Because I’ve guaranteed them anonymity, I am not at liberty to name my brother, René, and his wife, Leslie, who have stolen precious hours from their holiday festivities to slog through yet another Taste Test. René says wearing the Taste Testing bag has cured his hiccups. Leslie says she drinks less - even water! - when she slips into her Taste Testing uniform. Today, our Anonymous Taste Testers (whom we’ll call “R” and “L”) tried my Shrimp-Stuffed Endives, an exceedingly simple appetizer, and my Cranberry-Pecan Salad, both of which received our Panel Members’ Seal of Approval. Actually, they had no choice but to approve this stuff, because they wouldn’t have got any dinner or the Cherry-Almond Holiday Cake I made for dessert if they’d given these recipes the thumbs down. My cake and the salad follow on the posts below; my endive recipe is here!
Shrimp-Stuffed Endives:
2 fresh endives, stems cut
¼ c. mayonnaise
1-½ tsp. very finely chopped mild white onion
½ tsp. dried chives or dried parsley
⅛ tsp. lemon pepper
6 oz. (180 g) hand-peeled baby shrimp
Separate endive leaves. Combine mayonnaise with onion, chives or parsley, and lemon pepper. Gently stir into shrimp 1 tbsp. at a time, ensuring you do not add too much mayonnaise. Stuff endive leaves with shrimp mixture, refrigerating until ready to serve.


Endives, a bit of onion, fresh baby shrimp

Combine shrimp with mayo

Shrimp-Stuffed Endives: Good to the very last bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to find a long-lost favorite recipe? Want to submit one of yours, or simply leave a comment? Always happy to hear from you!